Videos & Talks
"What Are You Going Through? The Normal Day and the Power of Attention" - given at Immaculata Classical Academy (February 2017)
"Moral Formation and the Role of Story," - Theology on Tap (February 2018)
Indy Catholic Radio - Conversations with Timothy O'Donnell and Marc Tuttle on "The Catholic Cave"
Recent Blog Posts
- Scene by SceneMyShakespeare.com is a great aid to developing a better understanding of Shakespeare. Among the different resources are well-acted individual scenes. For students and actors, these snippets can illuminate the meaning and emotional significance of speeches and conversations.This is an especially great resource if you're participating in the Summer Theater Camp at Holy Angels Academy, presenting […]
- Designing Costumes for the Taming of the Shrew and Puss in BootsHere is one conceptual drawing for The Taming of the Shrew and Puss in Boots. I've been working on costume design for the theater camp hosted at Holy Angels Academy this summer (register here!). I'm really interested in seeing what kinds of costumes we can make together as part of the fun of the camp. […]
- Our Lady of Guadalupe and Juan DiegoThis is a detail from a background template I painted. This eventually made it into a curriculum on Marian Consecration which I developed for the Diocese of Metuchen, NJ, for their Lighting Hearts on Fire program.“Listen, put it into your heart, my youngest son, that what frightened you, what afflicted you, is nothing; do not […]
- We Have a ChaplainThe Come Away and Rest Awhile Retreat is pleased to announce we have a chaplain! Yes! Fr. Thomas Haan will be serving as our chaplain, offering mass every day and speaking on the vocation of teaching. Fr. Haan is a priest of the Diocese of Lafayette-in-Indiana. He is the chaplain at Guerin Catholic High School in […]
- Early Bird Registration ends December 31, 2018December 31, 2018 is the last day of Early Bird Registration for the Come Away and Rest Awhile Retreat! Regular registration closes February 6, 2019.Learn more and secure your places at https://www.bardstreet.com/retreat!
- The Infant of Prague and I Contemplate the Future"Make thy way straight before me." Psalm 5:8
- Catholic Cave: Dystopic LiteratureI joined Tim O'Donnell and Marc Tuttle with our gracious host Kent Blandford last week for another fun session in the Catholic Cave on Catholic Radio Indy. The traffic was a little congested on the way, so they had already launched into a topical topic when I arrived. On the first Wednesday of November in […]
- Come Away and Rest Awhile RetreatAnnouncing! Registration is now open for the Come Away and Rest Awhile Retreat for teachers, home educators, school administrators, and anyone who loves learning. I originally got the idea while visiting my friends Anna and Ben Hatke in Italy, and now it's live! It started with something Anna told me about the In a Large […]
- And some notes for teaching Spe SalviSpe Salvi is my favorite encyclical by Benedict XVI. Here are some notes I made for teaching this text in 2017.
- More notes for teaching Deus Caritas EstSome more 2017 notes and sketches for teaching Benedict XVI's Deus Caritas Est.
- Notes for Deus Caritas EstSome 2017 notes and sketches for teaching Benedict XVI's beautiful encyclical Deus Caritas Est.
- What's Around Me: On My Right No. 56